Monday, January 22, 2007




Chapter 3: More info on us!

I had my hair done at a place called Mod's because they said to me that the lady can speak English! Well I now look rather Asian with a very short fringe or "bangs" as they say here! I think they call fringes bangs because that what you have to do to the hairdresser when she keeps cutting and won't stop! So you hit her on the head "Bangs"!!! Fortunately it will grow! I am now armed with a new word as a weapon of necessity - "Chong Ghee!!!" roughly translates as "stop immediately!!" I had to giggle the other day we were directing the taxi driver home after shopping and we basically have to say turn left, turn right, straight on and then on the left, stop. So we have learnt the basics but as we all know, Ken can never remember languages so after saying "Went choock, oronj choock," which the driver understood he then announced "ching chong" instead of "chip ching" and the driver burst out laughing - then proceeded to say, in perfect English, "you mean, straight ahead!" Anyway another day in funny land!

No comments: